You nailed that Tofurkey and your loved ones can’t stop heaping praise upon your vegan culinary skills. You’ve set the bar high, and serving bland pumpkin pies for dessert won’t cut it.
You need exciting, plant-based sweets that will make an epic ending to your Thanksgiving feast.
To help you host a memorable vegan Thanksgiving bash, we’ve rounded up authentic, dairy-free treats from Layla’s Delicacies that are sure crowd-pleasers. We’ve also thrown in a couple of gluten-free vegan treats to ensure that you cater to all your guests.
Table of Contents
- #1 - Baklava Pistachio
- #2 - Baklava El Bey
- #3 - Almond Fingers
- #4 - Samsa Pistachio
- #5 - Assorted Vegan Boxes
- End Your Thanksgiving Feast With Sweets from Layla’s Delicacies
1 - Baklava Pistachio
Baklava easily takes the crown as the sultan of Mediterranean pastries. With origins from the Ottoman Empire, this royal dessert was the epitome of luxurious feasts—prepared by the finest chefs in the region. The sweets included thin filo sheets layered with freshly grounded nuts and soaked in syrup.
Like all good things, the Ottoman sweet quickly found its way to other Middle Eastern and Northern African countries, who tweaked the recipe to make it their own.
Our Baklava Pistachio is full of rich ingredients made from a beautiful blend of ancient Turkish ingredients and bits of Tunisian flavors.
To give you fall-worthy vegan desserts, we ensure that:
- The top and bottom layers are made with ultra-thin filo sheets, lightly brushed with olive oil and lemon zest before cooking to make them crispy.
- The nutty filling includes finely chopped Turkish pistachios—lauded for their appetizing shy-green color, smooth texture, and exotic flavor.
- To balance their concentrated taste, we add a layer of sweet, ground almonds onto the pistachios.
- After wrapping the nuts with the pastry sheets, we dip the treat into a sweet syrup before baking it to perfection.
Our labor of love gives you mouth-watering sweets with a light, crusty covering and a dense, flavorful nutty filling that oozes golden syrup with every bite.
“Delicious delights exquisitely presented. Simply delectable and completely authentic. Not too sweet, deliciously dense with delicate flavors. Exceeded all expectations. These are delicious treats for Diwali and other festive celebrations. Each handmade delight is a sensation! Loved the elegance of the packaging. Thank you for making these with so much love and attention to detail!”
Sabina, Cape Elizabeth, Maine
2 - Baklava El Bey
Your dear, warm-hearted aunt is flying in for the Thanksgiving dinner. You’re excited but a little worried about what to serve her for dessert because she is not only vegan but also gluten-free.
Our Baklava El Bey sweets are 100% plant-based but with no traces of wheat—perfectly suited for your vegan, gluten-free loved ones.
This sweet brings an interesting angle to our original Baklava Pistachio by ditching the papery filo dough layers for a supple almond paste.
We then sparingly crush pistachios and wrap them with the almond paste to give you a rich, nutty flavor.
3 - Almond Fingers
If you have some exciting outdoor games lined up for your guests after a hearty Thanksgiving meal, you might want to carry along some snacks to nibble on.
Our delicious vegan Almond Fingers are wrapped individually, making them a perfect on-the-go snack.
Although Almond Fingers are originally from Morocco, the Tunisians adopted and refined the recipe to make their own delectable sweets. We borrow our culinary skills from Tunisia by combining almonds and hazelnuts to make divine desserts.
Also known as Tunisian cigars, these sweets have an uncanny resemblance to a popular Middle Eastern pastry known as Fatima Fingers, or simply cigars. However, their similarity ends with their delicate, cigar-like appearance.
Fatima Fingers are deep-fried and made with spring roll wrappers with spicy, meaty fillings. On the other hand, our vegan Almond Fingers use filo pastry sheets and nutty fillings to make delectable healthy treats.
Our Tunisian cigars include;
- Wafer-thin pastry filo dough made from wheat flour, olive oil, and salt, and cooked on a flat hot surface to achieve a light, crispy, and malleable wrapper.
- An inner filling with a blend of almonds and hazelnuts, and a dash of sugar syrup to hold everything together.
After placing the nutty mix on the cooked pastry sheet, we roll it into enticing cigars, ready for devouring.
“I finally tried these delectable little bites of filo and almond. They are addictively delicious with the perfect delicate crunch. They come individually wrapped so you can order them in bulk and readily share a handful with friends or family, by placing them in one of the numerous boxes you have from all the other Layla's treats you have ordered previously!”
Jacki F. (Bethesda, US)
4 - Samsa Pistachio
These sweet triangles originated from Central Asia before finding their way to Middle Eastern and Mediterranean countries during the Silk Road trade routes.
While all Samsas include an outer dough layer and inner fillings, each nationality alters the stuffing to satisfy their palates. Some have spicy meats and onions, others vegetables, and still others include nuts infused with honey.
Our Samsa Pistachio incorporates authentic Tunisian plant-based ingredients to give you mouth-watering vegan sweets that everybody will love.
Here’s what to expect from your Thanksgiving dessert:
- The triangle-shaped outer layer is a light, crusty pastry filo sheet cooked on a flat, red-hot pan to achieve the perfect texture.
- For the filling, we sparingly blend a mixture of native almonds and hazelnuts, giving the treat a delightful crunch with every bite.
- After wrapping the nutty stuffing with the brik filo, we soak it in sweetened syrup infused with orange blossom water, giving it an exciting citrus fragrance and taste.
- Finally, we coat the treat with finely chopped pistachios to balance the pronounced sugary taste with its mild flavor.
Serving tip: Serve Samsa Pistachio with fresh mint tea for a perfect ending to the holiday feast.
5 - Assorted Vegan Boxes
Preparing festive-worthy vegan desserts that everyone will enjoy is no mean feat.
From shopping for authentic ingredients to following complicated online recipes, you may as well give up and settle for the safe but bland vegan pies you served last Thanksgiving.
Vegan Gift Box
This gluten-free, Vegan Gift Box contains 22 bite-sized pieces of five different types of Tunisian sweets.
Each treat is a beautiful piece of edible art that not only allows us to showcase our exemplary patissier prowess but also incorporates centuries of culinary skills from the vibrant Tunisian multicultural history.
The vegan gift box contains:
- Bjewia Pistachio: A delicious blend of almond and pistachios, garnished with a thin layer of dried roses.
- Baklava El Bey: A flavorful crunchy mixture of pistachios and almonds, wrapped in soft almond layers that melt in your mouth.
- Coussin Hazelnut: A savory treat filled with a mix of almond and pistachio soaked in scented water, giving it a distinctly fruity fragrance and a glorious taste.
- Pineapple Hazelnut: A delightful mix of coarsely chopped almond and hazelnut carved into a playful pineapple shape and crowned with hand-placed pistachio.
- Yasmina: A mellow mixture of almond and pistachio shaped into an inviting Jasmine flower.
Vegan Limited Edition
If you want to take your dessert game a notch higher and impress your loved ones with unique, vegan sweets, this premium Vegan Limited Edition will do the trick.
The gift box contains 30 pieces of authentic Mediterranean sweets, including:
Nest Pistachio: A crunchy blend of almond and pistachio crowned with chopped pistachio and sculpted into a fascinating bird’s nest shape.
Rocher: An oval-shaped nutty ball of sparingly crushed almonds and biscuits wrapped in a layer of crunchy hazelnut.
Almond Bjewia: Triangle delights with a chewy almond and hazelnut filling coated with finely chopped pistachios giving it an appetizing green color.
Ring hazelnut: A spongy blend of almonds and pistachios coiled and coated with crunchy hazelnuts.
Baklava: A crispy, paper-thin layer of pastry filo packed with a dense mixture of chopped, sliced almonds and pistachios.
Here’s a video showing the exquisite packaging of the artsy sweets:
Get Your Vegan Sweets From Layla’s Delicacies
While merry-making and eating chunks of turkey carry the day during Thanksgiving, the core of the holiday is to appreciate our loved ones. What better way is there to show our love than to incorporate their needs during Thanksgiving dinner—including festive-worthy vegan meals?
At Layla’s Delicacies, we’re dedicated to preparing authentic sweets inspired by Tunisian and Mediterranean cultures to grace any occasion.
Once you place your order, we package the sweets in sturdy, chic boxes to keep them safe during transit. We deliver anywhere within the US within one business day to ensure you receive fresh pastries.
We’ll also reward you with exciting discounts and gifts once you sign up for Layla’s Rewards.
Place your order and receive our fall-worthy vegan sweets.